Breakfast is my least favorite meal, so I struggle to find healthy recipes that are in the breakfast-realm for us. I also don’t always have time to cook breakfast in the morning, at least not extensively, because it is the only time JT is home during the week, therefore the only time I can get things done sans-baby.
A few things that are ideal when it comes to week day breakfasts are:
- Things that I can make ahead & eat throughout the week
- Quick & easy
I often will make crepes in hopes that they will last throughout the week, but we scarf those down pretty quickly.
So, I threw this together.
It is based on my favorite scramble additions: spinach & feta, but a more portable, storable version.
Spinach & Feta Scramble Muffins Recipe
- 12 farm fresh eggs
- 2 large cloves fresh garlic, minced
- half medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 container crumbled feta cheese
- 2 swirls of olive oil (or oil of your choice)
- sprinkle red pepper flakes
- sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Muffin Tin
- Large bowl
- Large pan
Yields: 12 scramble muffins
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large pan, heat olive oil
- Add diced onion and cook until translucent
- Add minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes
- Add entire bag of spinach
- Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
- Mix together until spinach is wilted
- Take pan off of heat and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and milk
- Whisk until combined
- Wipe sides of muffin tin with butter
- Pour egg mixture into the muffin tin, filling about 3/4 of the way to the top
- Add about a tablespoon of the spinach mixture into each cup
- Sprinkle feta into each cup
- Place into oven for about 20 minutes
- Serve with Salsa, hot sauce or however you like it!
- Store any left overs in the fridge, should be good for 3-4 days (if they last that long!)
Hope you enjoy it as much as JT, Roree and I do!
There will be a 10 month Roree update soon-ish. I finally found my camera, now I just have to decide on the photos I want to take.
Well, I’m off to get ready for a fun Tea Party playdate! Have a great Independence Day if I don’t stop in before then!
What is your favorite breakfast recipe?